Vote for Bert! Some rock play and oh yeah first mowing too

I was going to write a post about a visit Chris and I made to the Island Grown Initiative this week but I will save that for next week. We have had a very busy and interesting week. We mowed greens and collars today so that is always exciting and a sign of Spring. I aerified the 9th and 1st fairways with our new machine. We can get deeper with this machine than our old one. The old one always seemed to tear up huge chunks of grass so I gave up using it many years ago. We did not tear up much turf but we did bend a bunch of tines. I went out to investigate each spot so I could remove the obstacle so we would not bend tines next time. Interesting results.
OUCH!!
About a 1/2 dozen holes
Notice the white roots on bottom of left piece of sod. All rock there.


First mowing under a Full Moon
I entered Me and Bert in a contest Bayer is having. I need you all to vote on every device you have every day until it ends so my local chapter can win $2K and I can win some free plant medicine. Click the link and follow simple directions.

Georgie White took this when Bert joined us for our last hole in a tournament last year

No comments:

Post a Comment