Happy news

Some of you may be aware of the website I belong to and contribute TurfNet. I have been a member for a long time and made a lot of friends throughout the country. I have been on a few of their member trips, the most recent to Ireland. They have a contest for Superintendent Of The Year where the winner gets an all expense paid trip with a guest to the members trip. This year they are returning to  Bandon Dunes resort in Oregon. I went both previous times the trip was at Bandon and had every intent to return again. I was nominated once in the past for SOY but never heard another word about it. This year several Mink members wrote nomination letters and I was chosen as one of six finalists. It was exciting and humbling to be considered. The winner is chosen in the sponsor's (Syngenta) booth at the Golf Industry Show next week in San Diego. I will keep you posted. There is a link below the pictures that explains this further and also has links to profiles of the finalists and excerpts of the nomination letters.



Clockwise from top left: Marty Baumann, John Cunningham, Jorge Croda, Matt Gourlay, Matt Crowther and Bob Becker.

http://www.turfnet.com/news.html/_/2015-superintendent-of-the-year-finalists-r634

No comments:

Post a Comment