Road Trip

In the last post I mentioned how wet we had been. That trend continues. We ended up over 7" of rain in May and now on June 10th we have over 1.25" so far. There are glimpses of a brighter future with full sunshine and even some heat in the forecast. It is currently 76 at 10 am, not bad. I found a couple of hours of sunshine to get some outdoor painting done. There is a gate on the West side of the property that has not been touched in years. I prepped it then put a rust proofing on it and the next day a coat of paint. Good for another 20 years!
Gate painting

I made a road trip this week to play a course in Maine. I had set this up while at the Maine Turfgrass Conference in Jan. The Superintendent is on the board of the NERTF with me. It happened that there was a board meeting scheduled this week also so I tied in a visit to my sister's in Vermont. It was great to see her and her wonderful gardens.
Big Sister's gardens in VT
I am proud to admit that i have an affinity for 9-hole courses and this one on the coast of Maine was a treat.
Abenaqui in Biddeford Pool, ME
On the way back to MV we played Renaissance GC in Haverhill, MA. Another treat and another spectacular weather day.
Woods Hole sunset at the end of the road trip
And lastly a few pics from around the course since the last post:
Turtle tracks in a bunker, Rainbows, Osprey, Salamander & Bert
Random pics from the course

No comments:

Post a Comment